Thursday 12 January 2012

1 Nephi 10

As my relationship with Heavenly Father has strengthened over the last year, He has been incredibly generous with his Spirit. There were months in London where I carried a small notebook in my pocket to write promptings as I new if I didn't acknowledge the promptings as they came, I might not remember them, or worse, might not continue to receive them.

One of the results of this closeness with God is being able to relate the scriptures readily to my current circumstances. We are reminded of the scriptures power to do so in 1 Ne 10:19


19 For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost, as well in these times as in times of old, and as well in times of old as in times to come; wherefore, the course of the Lord is one eternal round.
I love the Book of Mormon for its ancient teachings that help illuminate the mysteries of God in our day. I pray my thoughts and actions and the people I draw close to can help me be a better man, priesthood holder, and servant of our Heavenly Father.

No comments: